Re: X on Nvidia (was: Relative performance AMD vs Intel)

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Steven M. Bellovin
<smb%cs.columbia.edu@localhost> wrote:
> That's odd.  Have you tried xorg, or just the built-in XFree86?

I have only tried whatever ships with 4.0. I believe that is XFree86?
I did try compiling something out of pkgsrc, modular-xorg-server I
think it is, but it wouldn't build for some failed dependency. I'm
using a current pkgsrc.

I haven't had to struggle so much with configuring X since the last
millennium, so I'm rusty with it. If something "just works", that
seems good.

Andy