Re: Panic on NetBSD 4 STABLE, possibly wm related

Simon Burge wrote:
Hi Giles, Mark,

Giles Lean wrote:

Mark Cullen <mark.r.cullen%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

I was just wondering if there are any known issues with the wm driver
on 4.0-STABLE, amd64, SMP?
Well ... I have had 4.0_STABLE/i386 (not SMP) panic when I
enabled jumbo frames on wm0.  [ ... ]

We've just hit this same problem at $WORK.

Can you try the change in rev 1.159 of sys/dev/pci/if_wm.c on your
netbsd-4 system?  The diff between 1.158 and 1.159 applies cleanly
(with a bit of fuzz) to the netbsd-4 if_wm.c

I've tested both -current and netbsd-4 here with that patch and both
are happy.  I'll send a pullup request for the netbsd-4 branch in the
next few days.

Cheers,
Simon.

Hi Simon,

That's fab. Thanks for letting me know. I'll get on the case with this later and let you know how it turns out, after leaving it running for a few of days.

Cheers,
--
Mark Cullen <mark.r.cullen%gmail.com@localhost>