Re: burning a DVD

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008, Quentin Garnier wrote:

I usually just use growisofs from the dvd+rw-tools package.

And I've used the patched cdrecord from sysutils/cdrtools-ossdvd successfully. It doesn't look like just switching programs would do the trick, but who knows. I vaguely remember having to shop around a bit before finding something that worked for me.

One thing that tripped me up was that cdrecord needed a sector count when writing in DAO mode ("tsize=<NUM>s" -- note "s" at the end). That shouldn't be an issue when writing an ISO image, but could be a possibility if dvdrecord is similar.

Can you write CDs?  And does a "plain" CD writer work?

MAgnus