Re: Shared memory problems under Linux Emulation

Christos Zoulas wrote:
On Jul 12, 12:19pm, lguillaume%berklee.edu@localhost (Louis Guillaume) wrote:
-- Subject: Re: Shared memory problems under Linux Emulation

| | | Christos Zoulas wrote:
| > In article <4875A139.6000809%berklee.edu@localhost>,
| > Louis Guillaume  <lguillaume%berklee.edu@localhost> wrote:
| >> Hi,
| >>
| >> I'm trying to run a set of Linux program on NetBSD-4. They die after | >> trying to allocate shared memory.
| >>
| >> I have a `ktrace -id -t A command' with the gory details but at this | >> point things are way over my head. I can make the ktrace or portions of | >> it available if needed.
| >>
| >> What do I look for and how do I proceed?

Can you bump with sysctl:

kern.ipc.shmmax
kern.ipc.shmmni
kern.ipc.shmseg
kern.ipc.shmmaxpgs

and see if that helps. I think shmmaxpgs might be too small.
if you are running 4.0 you need to recompile the kernel.

christos

That worked! sysctl allowed me to bump shmmaxpgs to 8192 without recompiling and that did the trick by itself. I'm not sure if I'll need to bump the other values; but I can cross that bridge when I reach it.

Thank you.

Louis