Re: Manually creating slices

John Nemeth wrote:

     The maximum size of an fdisk partition is 2TB.  If I recall right,
you said that your disk is 1.4TB, so this should be okay.  I don't know
the maximum size of disklabel partition off-hand, but it is probably
the same.  The only issue would be problems with signedness.  I don't
know if there are any or not.  I don't expect problems with doing this,
but I can't say with certainty.

Looks like the int is signed, because fdisk complains when I try to resize because it sees negative numbers. Now, I'm really not sure what to do except create the two partitions and try the "cheat" you told me about earlier.

Should I file a bug report for this?

James
--
eRacks Open Source Systems