Re: Hardware status for IBM X3550 (dmesg)

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008, Ulrich Habel wrote:
I managed to get a grip on a IBM xSeries 3550 with SAS harddrives. I
planned to use it for Xen, however NetBSD wasn't able to detect the SAS
drives. I've attached a dmesg output for information. I don't plan to do
any further testing.

NetBSD-4.0 has been booted
[snip]
vendor 0x9005 product 0x0286 (RAID mass storage, revision 0x02) at pci11 dev 0
function 0 not configured

This is an IBM ServeRAID card (ServeRAID 8k-l to be precise). We don't have any ServeRAID support which, historically, has crippled our IBM support. The 3550 comes with the 8k-l already fitted and you can't remove it or you'll get a CPU failure message at boot time (though there was a rumour of BIOS fix for this).

We could do with ServeRAID support. I'd been willing to donate hardware and/or funds towards development.

--
Stephen