Re: Shell hangs while accessing to an USB pendrive

On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 10:09:37PM -0400, Ernesto Bascon wrote:
> Hi everybody:
>
> I got my shell frozen while performing these steps:
>
> 1. Mounting my USB pendrive:
>     mount_msdos /dev/sd0e /mnt/usb
>
> 2. Accessing to the pendrive:
>     cd /mnt/usb
>     ls
>     cd my_files
>
> 3. I want to create some directory:
>    mkdir /mnt/usb/directory
>
> The shell hangs there!

You could try disablin ehci in your kernel config and building a new kernel:

# PCI USB controllers
##ehci* at pci? dev ? function ?        # Enhanced Host Controller
ohci*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # Open Host Controller
uhci*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # Universal Host Controller (Intel)

This helped on my desktop system, at least.

  -jm