Re: Which file-system is good for power down?

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 20:03:32 +0100 Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:

> Unfortunately, I do not think that any of the *BSD provide some kind of
> filesystem with decent journaling capabilities. Still, there's lfs in
> netbsd, but I do not know if it could be used in a production environment.

Not Yet anyway...

However, ffsv2 on FreeBSD does have one advantage: fsck can run in the
background most of the time. I don't know if Open- or NetBSD can do the
same. fsck takes just as long but doesn't interrupt the booting process so
the system can be used normally minus the load on drives and CPU caused by
fsck.

Regards
Chris