Re: cpu temperature readings

On Thu, Jun 29, 2023 at 04:50:27PM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:

> It looks to me as if the frequency adjustments are working properly,

Then it gets really strange what the temperature sensor would see.

One possibility would be that the Tjmax value is actually changed
dynamically (maybe some SMM code) and that the patch isn't complete
to handle this.

> though NetBSD's cpu selection algorithm doesn't (yet anyway) really
> understand processors like this.

The scheduler did use first cores first, with performance cores
using low cpu numbers, they should be utilized first but not
necessarily for the important workloads.

It now handles big.little configurations independent of cpu numbers,
but probably only on arm.

--
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost