Re: cpu temperature readings

Hi.

On 2023/06/28 14:24, Michael van Elst wrote:
> kre%munnari.OZ.AU@localhost (Robert Elz) writes:
>
>> cpu0: "12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900KS"
>
> The chip apparently reports a Tjmax of 100 C (as for the non-selected chip)
> but actually has a real Tjmax of 115 C.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/225916/intel-core-i912900ks-processor-30m-cache-up-to-5-50-ghz.html

ark.intel.com often shows incorrect values. Looking at this page now,
it says Tjmax is 90 degrees.

Robert, could you show me the output of:

	dmesg -t | grep Tjmax

It seems that the MSR_TEMPERATURE_TARGET's value is not fixed
on newer chips. Please test the following diff:

	https://www.netbsd.org/~msaitoh/coretemp-20230628-0.dif

Thanks in advance.

                SAITOH Masanobu (msaitoh%execsw.org@localhost
                                 msaitoh%netbsd.org@localhost)