Re: Mounting NetBSD partition on voidlinux

On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 02:20:25PM +0200, Sagar Acharya wrote:
> Also, linux doesn't have fsck_ffs and debian had support for ufs in ufsutils a long time ago.
>
> I highly recommend that for such cases you have a small standalone source which can be built for correcting such errors which can perhaps have disklabel, fsck_ffs, etc. A user can use it locally!

Sources are not very helpful for emergency recovery.
Depending on your device (I don't know anything about the Lime2) you have
various easy "binary only" recovery methods:

 - most popular for all machines that can boot from USB: boot a USB install
   image
 - my personal favorite: boot an install kernel for your device from u-boot
   via network
 - boot an install kernel for your device from another SD card and swap
   the cards after the installer starts (better only do that on ramdisk
   based installers where / is on the memorydisk during installation)

On machines with multiple possible boot sources it is easier (and you can
prepare for disaster upfront by having a spare "known good" boot setup
around).

For us to be able to help you more, we need to know details about your setup.
Like: what boot medium are you using, what are the other available options -
and maybe you can get better support on the port-arm mailing list.

Martin