Re: 10_BETA: Nice QOL improvements to the installer

Mayuresh wrote:
On Wed, Dec 21, 2022 at 09:25:30AM +1300, Lloyd Parkes wrote:
I was installing on amd64 and the installer let me choose either MBR or GPT,
I notice a separate image marked "bios"

     NetBSD-10.0_BETA-amd64-bios-install.img.gz
     NetBSD-10.0_BETA-amd64-install.img.gz

So wonder, which installer you tried that gave you these two options. I
got an impression that these two are just different installers - 1 UEFI
and 1 BIOS.
UEFI installer is a hybrid installer - works for both UEFI and BIOS: http://blog.netbsd.org/tnf/entry/netbsd_10_0_beta_available

BTW I was about to download the -bios installer though I was so far trying
-current using UEFI installer. Someone suggested me that some X11 issues
may get resolved if I use the bios installer. I am not sure how though.