Re: ctfmerge i/o error

On Wed, 14 Dec 2022, Patrick Welche wrote:

ERROR: ctfmerge: netbsd.ctf: Cannot finalize temp file: I/O error:
Operation already in progress
*** Error code 1

which is not a message I recognize. FWIW /usr/obj is a ZFS filesystem, but
this hasn't caused trouble so far...

Thoughts?

Can you ktrace to find out what syscall caused EALREADY. zfs uses EALREADY
for TX_WRITE, when a block is already being synced according to my quick
glance to the code. I am not sure how this stuff is supposed to work, but
I don't think that this error is supposed to be returned by filesystem
related syscalls, but only for connect(2)?

and of course now it is no longer reproducible. I note that that ZFS
partition now has more free space than earlier, so I will guess the
error message might mean "out of space"...

Could also be an errno set by the pthreads stuff in ctfmerge. lwp_park()
also returns EALREADY.

-RVP