Re: Branching for netbsd-10 next week

    Date:        Fri, 09 Dec 2022 06:48:23 -0500
    From:        Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost>

  | Not MESSAGE; this is not a "your hair is on fire" thing.

Probably not, but I'm not a samba user (or a user of anything which
might use samba) so the importance eludes me.

  | And it's not just NetBSD

The relevant issue is, in that NetBSD10 might have EA support, but
perhaps without them being enabled by default on anything, for which
the solution, and its ramifications are a peculiarly NetBSD issue
(the same thing does not apply to FreeBSD for example, there you
just need a new enough system, and not to be using FFSv1).

  | --- it's a larger issue that you need to use a FS with
  | certain properties if you want certain features.  So it really belongs
  | in the upstream documentation in general.

That one needs ACLs yes, certainly - that to get those working on
NetBSD requires NetBSD >= 10, and one needs to then either newfs
with some specific option, or fsck with some specific option, not so much.

kre