Re: iscsi target on a zfs zvol?

At 9:15 Uhr -0700 13.07.2022, Brian Buhrow wrote:
> [...] you'll get much better read-write performance if you create a standard
>zfs filesystem for your time machine backup, then create a regular file in
>it which you export via iscsi.

To wrap up the issue, I don't even care much about which side is at fault,
initiator or target. It's just the experience was nothing I would like to
deal with daily.

For this home setup, while it would have been nice to use thge server's
raid1, I found 2 TB of spinning rust for 50 EUR which does the job nicely.

In a similar setting at work, three latest-model iMacs are happily running
their Time Machine against Samba shares on a FreeBSD server. Since NetBSD's
zfs does not support extended attributes, that wasn't an option here.

Cheerio,
Hauke