Re: pgdaemon high CPU consumption

Hello,

On 10.07.22 19:14, Matthias Petermann wrote:
thanks for this reference... it matches pretty much my observations. I did a lot of attempts to tune maxvnodes during the last days, but the pgdaemon issue remained. Ultimately I suspect it is also responsible for the reproducible system lock-ups during ZFS send.

I am about to revert the patch from the PR above on my system and re-try.

Kind regards
Matthias

I can now confirm that reverting the patch also solved my problem. Of course I first fell into the trap, because I had not considered that the ZFS code is loaded as a module and had only changed the kernel. As a result, it looked at first as if this would not help. Finally it did...I am now glad that I can use a zfs send again in this way. This previously led reproducibly to a crash, whereby I could not make backups. This is critical for me and I would like to support tests regarding this.

In contrast to the PR, there are hardly any xcalls in my use case - however, my system only has 4 CPU cores, 2 of which are physical.

Many greetings
Matthias