Re: pgdaemon high CPU consumption

Hello Frank,

On 01.07.22 14:07, Frank Kardel wrote:
Hi Matthias !

See PR 55707 http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=55707 , which I do not considere fixed due to the pgdaemon issue. reverting arc.cto 1.20 will give you many xcalls, but the system stays more usable.

Frank

thanks for this reference... it matches pretty much my observations. I did a lot of attempts to tune maxvnodes during the last days, but the pgdaemon issue remained. Ultimately I suspect it is also responsible for the reproducible system lock-ups during ZFS send.

I am about to revert the patch from the PR above on my system and re-try.

Kind regards
Matthias