Re: iscsi target on a zfs zvol?

Hauke Fath wrote:
I would like to set up an iscsi target backed by a zfs zvol, to serve
as a Mac time machine volume.

[...]

Looks like an initialization issue on behalf of iscsi-target. Does that
ring a bell for anyone?

Just as a data point, I am exporting a zvol via iscsi on 9.2 with iscsi-target without any other issue than that iscsi-target occasionally crashes (very rarely) and I have to start it again to have my volume re-appear.

# extent        file or device          start           length
extent0         /dev/zvol/rdsk/internal1/photos 0       500GB

Note that my kernel's zvol.c is patched, but I think that was all for using (a clone of) the volume locally with ccd to mount the filesystem on it for backups and it should not be necessary.

See the thread from 2020 about this issue if you are interested;
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2020/02/26/msg024099.html

Staffan