Re: error upgrading packages on current / pkg database

Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola%libero.it@localhost> writes:

> *** pkg_chk reports the following packages need replacing, but they
> are not installed: py37-gobject
> *** Please read the errors listed above, fix the problem,
> *** then re-run pkg_rolling-replace to continue.
>
> Indeed it is not installed, I only have the py27 version which got
> pulled in by gimp!
> I actually removed the previous version, reinstalled gimp and ended
> again with the py27 version installed.
> why does prr complain?

1. pkg_chk reports a mismatch with the wrong pyNN prefix

2. pkg_rr does not have logic to set PYTHON_VERSION_REQD based on the
desired pkgname to replace.  This is the easy part.

So if you would like this fixed, I would suggest digging into pkg_chk.