Re: current - unable to rebuild gobject-introspection due to libffi

Hi Patrick,

Patrick Welche wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 03:13:41PM +0100, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
>> Hi Patrick,

>>> I think one cunning plan seen on this list was to look at the output from
>>>
>>>   grep libffi.so.7 /usr/pkg/pkgdb/*/+BUILD_INFO
>>
>> the output is below. Sorry if it doesn't illuminate immediately. Does it
>> mean I should force a rebuild of another package first?
>
> That's what I thought - I assume you have libffi.so.8, so those packages
> will be in trouble - but none seem relevant.

It is exactly as you think.

> The other work around seen on the mailing lists was to remove the installed
> gobject-introspection, then build it, which would explain why pbulk builds
> are happy. This might make sense as:
>
> ld: warning: libffi.so.7, needed by /usr/pkg/lib/libgirepository-1.0.so.1, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
>
> suggests an already installed gobject-introspection...

Yes there is already one installed but it should not be "used" while
building the new package.
I think it is then a package bug.

> (I think there is a way of not removing all the packages which depend
> on gobject-introspection)

pkg_delete -f gobject-introspection

I removed it, relaunched and it was magically recompiled and installed.

Riccardo