Re: well-supported card for new DRM?

On Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 04:29:30PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Yes, I do have one of those. But the behaviour looks quite the same,
> some minor changes in the Xorg logfile only, mode 3840x2160 not
> available for xrandr.

PEBKAC.

I had configured the kernel to restrict DRM to 1920x1080:

options                DRM_MAX_RESOLUTION_HORIZONTAL=1920      # Limit DRM size in horizontal dimension
options                DRM_MAX_RESOLUTION_VERTICAL=1080        # Limit DRM size in vertical dimension

because otherwise my previous graphics card wasn't working.  Not too
surprisingly, this feature works and limited the resolution. I've
removed these two lines, now I get 4k in the framebuffer and in X.

Yay!
 Thomas