Re: Help with libcurses and lynx under NetBSD-9 and -current?

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 07:08:16AM +0300, Valery Ushakov wrote:

> nl/nonl are defined to affect *input* translation, turning off ICRNL,
> so that apps can distinguish carriage return key.  I *guess* that the
> code changes ONLCR in lockstep out of lazyness, so that for apps that
> run with echo/nl the nl->cr+nl on output is done by tty(4).  Of course
> that bites back by messing up cud1.  I would say this is saving a
> penny losing a pound.

Well, ONLCR is not explicitly unset on start up AFAICT, the state is
noted and the refresh code handles it.  Yes, nl/nonl do set/unset ONLCR
I have no insight as to whether that is a bug/lazy or not.

> PS: From a quick look at xcurses - it seems to say that cbreak mode
> implies ICRNL cleared:
>
>   cbreak Mode - [...] This mode achieves the same effect as
>       non-canonical-mode, Case B input processing (with MIN set to 1
>       and ICRNL cleared) as specified in the XBD specification.

Our cbreak clears ICANON which, if I read the termios man page correctly,
disables ICRNL.

--
Brett Lymn
--