Re: Help with libcurses and lynx under NetBSD-9 and -current?

On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 02:48:16PM -0700, Brian Buhrow wrote:
> 	hello.  Okay.  I tried -nocolor with lynx + ncurses.  It works fine and doesn't
> demonstrate the same problem.  This is a different problem -- the select choices in the pop-up
> window are not rendered at all, it's not that they're rendered in a transparent color, they're
> just not there.

It is not surprising that it works with ncurses given the same developer
works on both lynx and ncurses.

>  I think there is still an issue with the base libcurses library and, like
> Brett, I think it's different than the problem he already solved.

Yes it does sound like a different problem probably another instance of
the window terminfo being radically different to xterm/vt100 which is
not a bad thing but just that it shows up some bugs that are hidden
which was the case with the previous bug I squashed.  That one had been
there since curses was imported into NetBSD, every other terminal in
popular use must use ^J for cud1 which had the side effect of moving the
cursor to the beginning of the next line but window has a true cursor
down that does not move the cursor to the beginning of the next line.
It took me ages to believe that was the issue.

I am working on something else at the moment but get to this next.

--
Brett Lymn
--

"We are were wolves",