Re: st.c update has broken dump multi-tape support

On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 07:10:16PM -0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> blymn%internode.on.net@localhost (Brett Lymn) writes:
>
> >Here is the patch that makes multi-tape dumps work for me:
>
> I'm currently testing
>
> http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/mlelstv/st.diff

 That looks good to me.

> It's a bit cumbersome to do multi-tape dumps if your disk has 11GB
> data and the tape fits 40GB uncompressed.

 Yes, that would be tedious.  Perhaps you could create a test tape with a few backups on it
and use mt to position to the end of them and dump to /dev/nrst?

I will give the patch a go on my system, my data hoard at the moment spans 3 lto2 tapes.

--
Brett Lymn
--

"We are were wolves",