Re: st.c update has broken dump multi-tape support

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 12:13:22PM +0200, Michael van Elst wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 12:02:19PM +0200, Michael van Elst wrote:
>
> > If you don't like the fake errno, the function needs to return
> > two values, the error value and a boolean to finish the
> > unqueued request. Cleaner, but more changes.
>
> E.g. (not even compile-tested):

I don't think that is quite right.  At line 1204 error is set to EIO, even with your changes
b_error will still get set to EIO when EOM_PENDING is true.  Previously b_error was only set
b_error would be set to EIO in previous versions this would only happen if there was no
ST_EOM_PENDING flag set.  I did a much smaller change in ststart inside
the if at line 1290 I added a check to only set b_error to the value of error unless error
==EIO and st->flags contains ST_EOM_PENDING.  This change made dump perform as expected and
prompt for a new tape.

--
Brett Lymn
--