serial console

I honestly hope this isn't related to your problem, but I did make a
change to the amd64 cdrom building recently that is in this area
and may be the issue.

   https://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2021/02/06/msg126676.html

I thought I was only affecting the boot-com.iso install cd, but this
change should probably be examined to make sure it isn't causing your
problem.

Darrin