serial console

Has something changed recently in the land of serial consoles?

I am pretty sure that once I enabled serial console redirection
"after boot" in the "bios" of this amd64 uefi booting server, with
a serial port plugged in, I would have a serial console with the
default /boot.cfg.

After getting access to the building(!), it seems I now need to add
consdev com0,115200 to each menu item in boot.cfg. (Putting it
on a line on its own seems insufficient - is that a bug?)

Cheers,

Patrick