Re: crash in amd64 -current

In article <Pine.NEB.4.64.2101211916030.1666%speedy.whooppee.com@localhost>,
Paul Goyette  <paul%whooppee.com@localhost> wrote:
>With sources updated a few hours ago (2021-01-21 at 17:17:48 UTC) I am
>getting the following crash as soon as it tries to start syslogd:
>
> 	breakpoint() at breakpoint+0x5
> 	vpanic() at vpanic+0x156
> 	snprintf() at snprintf
> 	kqueue_check() at kqueue_check+0x183
> 	kevent1() at kevent1+0x49f
> 	sys___kevent50() at sys___kevent50+0x33
> 	syscall() at syscall+0x23e
> 	--- syscall (number 435) ---
> 	syscall+0x23e:
>
>Also, why the heck does savecore(8) complain when I use the -N option?
>
> 	# savecore -fN /netbsd.bad.gdb
> 	savecore: dumpdev /dev/console is tty; override kernel

Seems that the dump device it finds by reading the kernel namelist
from /netbsd.bad.gdb ends up being /dev/console...
Is the machine you are running gdb the same as the machine that produced
the dump? because the dev_t it read from the kernel namelist matched the
dev_t for the console on the local machine in /dev.

christos