Re: blacklist -> blocklist in current

> On Jun 16, 2020, at 2:17 PM, Alexander Nasonov <alnsn%yandex.ru@localhost> wrote:
>
> If my reading of the current commit guideline is correct, a case
> of renaming already released application doesn't fall into the
> "obvious" fix because some people can possibly object to breaking
> backward compatibility.

You are correct, and this is why I discussed it with core before doing it. In fact
the name "block" instead of "deny" was suggested by a core member: I chose
"block" over "deny" because of similarity to the previous name,
and because some of the API's start with "bl_" and would not need to be
modified. If "deny" was chosen instead, these would probably need to be
changed to "dl_" and that prefix is associated with the dynamic linker.

Best,

christos