Re: unable to boot amd64-uefi-install from USB stick on a MacBook2,1

At Wed, 22 Jan 2020 13:24:24 -0800, I wrote:
Subject: Re: unable to boot amd64-uefi-install from USB stick on a MacBook2,1

> ... (Unfortunately the ufs.kext in the
> latest macOS 10.6.8 that'll run on this machine won't mount NetBSD a
> filesystem.)

So, I installed OSXFUSE, and I'm now able to use the "ufs" code (with
the "44bsd" sub-type) in their "Example file systems" to mount the UEFI
install image USB stick, but only in read-only mode.  Unfortunately the
code they use is based on the Linux kernel's "ufs" filesystem, and so
the chances of me making it support filesystem writing is unlikely.

Has anyone by any chance ported the real UFS code (e.g. using libukfs)
to work with (OSX)FUSE on a foreign platorm?

Kelowna, BC     +1 250 762-7675           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>