Re: net/net-snmp build failure on 9.99.37

On Tue, 14 Jan 2020 at 14:20, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Jan 2020 at 13:41, Patrick Welche <prlw1%cam.ac.uk@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 01:28:15PM +0000, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> > > Clean installation from the same ISO file is fine, so it probably was
> > > sysupgrade failure induced by the different tar.
> >
> > You did quite some detective work! (Yes, I don't use sysupgrade...)
>
> It's one of the things you get accustomed to, I have been using it for
> ages without many problems; occasionally they do occur, e.g. in
> September some bump in the shared libraries stopped the final
> etcupdate stages from completing properly; in that case it was enough
> to repeat the process and all was well. In this case I probably will
> update manually.

> BTW in case anybody is interested, I tried the abovementioned ISO -
> 9.99.37 - to install as a guest under XCP-NG, which one should have
> been aware by this time is the fully functional free version of what
> used to be XenServer. Using UEFI mode I was even able to get X running
> with the modesetting driver (obviously the DRI{2} bits do not load).
> The only problem so far is with the mouse; the cursor somehow only
> goes along the edges of the screen in a rather unpredictable manner -
> both on the Xorchestra console and the Xcp-ng center.

To complete the analysis, I tried to upgrade a 9.99.36 system to
9.99.37 by booting off the ISO file I previously used for the clean
installation described above.

It failed in a similar was as with sysupgrade :

ls -l /sbin /bin /usr/sbin /usr/bin | egrep 'wheel[ \t]*0' | wc -l
      91
(the clean installation returns 0).

It gets less clear after this... But at the moment I can't see how to
upgrade to 9.99.37.

--
----