Re: panic on zpool create

On Tue, 7 Jan 2020 at 12:48, David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Jan 2020 at 10:07, J. Hannken-Illjes <hannken%eis.cs.tu-bs.de@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > For some reason locking the directory we want to mount on crashes.
> >
> > Anything special with the root on this machine?
> >
> > Does the directory (/angus_media I suppose) exist?
>
> /angus_media was present after the initial panic, removing it did not
> seem to help.
>
> Ran a fsck -fyP on the system which picked up some issues, rebooted
> and then tried again but the system still panics on zpool import (I'd
> sent a follow up email noting that it appears the create is working
> fine but the import panics, based on being able to create the pool on
> another box running the same OS, but that pool then panics on import
> on this box).
>
> The system is a Dell T320 with three filesystem on an LSI mfii0
> controller, but I'm testing ZFS as the only two disk on the onboard
> AHCI
>
> I'm going to try a current kernel in a bit (its a server and gateway
> box so I'm trying to minimise downtime :)

Ohhhh-Kaayyy... I have another data point.

The panic does not occur in single user, but does when the system is running.

Given this box takes approximately four minutes to complete POST to
the point it actually starts to boot anything, and has the primary
copy of quite a lot of data I value, my testing tomorrow is likely to
be a little painful...

Will update when I know more :)

David