Re: NetBSD 9.99.1 Quick Question

> > On Mon, 5 Aug 2019, Rhialto wrote:

> > On Thu 01 Aug 2019 at 22:52:56 +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> > > Is there any preference on which Xorg I should use on a new
> > > installation: modular or native?
>
> > I personally prefer native, since I consider X to be part of the
> > operating system (or at least not part of the extra software that is
> > installed according to the taste of the user).

> Same here - I've always used the in-tree native X, and never even looked at
> the pkgsrc stuff.

> | Paul Goyette

My thought was if NetBSD developers might want users to test native X.

But my recent trouble with pkg_rolling-replace gives me another reason to use native X and take a lot of stuff out of pkg_rolling-replace territory.

I have one NetBSD-current amd64 installation where I am able to startx, but startx doesn't start on my i386 installations.

Tom