Re: Enabling xdm in sysinst breaks console login?

On Sun, Jun 09, 2019 at 10:49:58AM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> I think this is the getty on console fighting with xdm's xconsole.
>
> This could be avoided by editing /etc/ttys to disable console and
> enable ttyE0, but that breaks serial consoles. Would it just be better
> to run getty on constty instead of console instead?

We could:

 1) make sysinst create a different /etc/ttys file when installing via
    serial console

 2) Remove xconsole from the default xdm setup? Also add comments to
    /etc/ttys to explain what needs to be done when xconsole is enabled

... and probably others. I actually would prefer (2) as it looks nicer
anyway, but (1) is also very simple to implement.

Martin