re: Enabling xdm in sysinst breaks console login?

>  1) make sysinst create a different /etc/ttys file when installing via
>     serial console

this option seems user unfriendly to me.

not only do i have to make this choice, but i have to also
know to change it if i change from serial to bios, which is
something, at times, that i do often -- my main x86 test
box defaults to netboot and serial console, but depending
on the task, it sometimes boots locally, or boots with
bios console, and having to edit ttys every time sounds
frustrating (particularly for others who won't know what
they need to do.)

sounds like constty should work for all cases, is there a
any issue i'm missing?

thanks.

.mrg.