Re: What to do with base X11 for netbsd-9 ?

На 2019-06-01 в 12:33, Kamil Rytarowski написа:
> On 01.06.2019 12:01, matthew green wrote:
>> so, i just updated a few X11 packages in -current.  as part
>> of testing, i ran them on the sandy bridge laptop i've seen
>> display glitches with the new intel driver on (mate-terminal).
>>
>> these glitches are now gone.
>>
>> can anyone with intel driver issues please try again with
>> -current?  this may not help much older devices, but maybe
>> it helps sorta older (eg, sandy bridge) systems?.
>>
>> thanks.
>>
> I've updated my two intel gpu laptops like 3-4 days ago and I see no
> improvement. Glitches are on one laptop and on the other one X window
> starts in 1-60min, depending on some random timeout to expire. Should I
> upgrade again and recheck? I planned to debug the X code once I will
> sort out other fallout after my upgrade (mostly with things in pkgsrc).

In my  case, on Skylake, I see almost no problems, apart from a few
minor glitches with gdm and kdm. Slim and xdm appear perfect. 3D
acceleration works very well indeed (right now I am running the aquarium
webgl demo under Firefox 67.0 and four copies of glmark2).

So it is getting there.