Re: What to do with base X11 for netbsd-9 ?

mrg%eterna.com.au@localhost (matthew green) writes:

>> >The functional issue is with the xf86-video-intel driver.  It does not
>> >work on any of my amd64 systems using intel graphics devices.  (It does
>> >work well on older i386 systems using real i82915 chips or ancient i82810e
>> >device).
>>
>> It seems to work on my laptop (Sandy Bridge graphics).

>for me it works for many things, but not true type fonts in some
>terminal programs.

>the canonical failure mode is simply typing into "mate-terminal",
>and you get garbage in the typed text until you press return.

I just tried with several terminals (not mate-terminal) and "Luxi Mono",
seems to work as expected. xterm has a small problem with the Oblique
variant because it exceeds the regular bounding box and is clipped,
but I doubt that's a driver issue.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost