Re: Fwd: port-amd64/43309: VX800 and CN896-VT8237S is not configured in RAID mode

vezhlys%gmail.com@localhost (Andrius V) writes:

>current-users, possibly it will have better visibility here. I wrote a
>small patch which should fix:
>* VX800 IDE will set correct UDMA mode. (VX855 should too, but can't test)

That shouldn't be a problem to apply.

>* If RAID mode is selected in BIOS (in my board), disks will be
>recognized and attached. Possibly should fix id:7372 of 8237S variant
>too (can't test).

I wonder how enabling UDMA makes that possible.

>* There's caveat that I am getting these errors below depending on
>BIOS config for viaide0 or/and viaide1:
>viaide1: autoconfiguration error: couldn't map SATA regs
>viaide1: bus-master DMA support present, but unused (couldn't map registers)
>viaide1: autoconfiguration error: couldn't map native-PCI interrupt

Looks like both share the same registers and interrupt and viaide(4) doesn't
handle this, or maybe viaide1 doesn't really exist. You can use pcictl to
dump the configuration space, in particular the BAR entries to shine a
light on this.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost