Re: (too) big font on console?

On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 12:02:05AM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
[...]

> Why are not all the fonts available for loading with wsfontload (i.e.,
> installed into /usr/share/wscons/fonts)?

Good question. At this moment there are following mapping between
loadable and built-in font files:

loadable      builtin
------------  -------
donna.816     -
flori.816     -
orator.816    -

latin2.808    -
latin2.814    -
latin2.816    -

vt220h.808    -
vt220h.810    -
vt220h.814    -
vt220h.816    -

vt220l.808    vt220l8x8.h
vt220l.810    vt220l8x10.h
vt220l.814    -
vt220l.816    vt220l8x16.h

- although a http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/xsrc/local/programs/ttf2wsfont/
tool looks to be able to create font binary files alongside of .h-ones during
conversion. BTW: I was somewhat surprised by existence dedicated font format in
NetBSD: https://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src/usr.sbin/wsfontload/wsfontload.c#213

Regards,
--
Piotr 'aniou' Meyer