Re: (too) big font on console?

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 09:51:10AM +0000, maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:
[...]

> It does make it bigger. How big are we talking? picture?

Hi,
it is very hard to show that by a picture, it is very dependent of
particular, physical install - but maybe this photo will be sufficient: [1]

From the other hand, I changed my mind a little: Spleen family looks
ugly (it is a matter of personal taste, of course) and it is better
for NetBSD to provide concise font style for all available sizes.

BTW: I found commit[2] that suggest that a Terminus font family
is double-licensed (BSD and OFL). Unfortunately source package
doesn't provide a separate license for BSD, and commits in Free
repo aren't concise about licensing[2, 4, 5] (whole package or
parts? for FreeBSD or all BSD's?).

Terminus[3] itself offers many different sizes and looks really nice.

1 - http://smutek.pl/netbsd/netbsd-bold-16x32.jpg
2 - https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=332452
3 - http://terminus-font.sourceforge.net/
4 - https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/share/vt/fonts/terminus-b32.hex?view=log
5 - https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/svn-src-all/2014-June/086303.html
6 - http://terminus-font.sourceforge.net/shots.html
7 - "Sizes: 6x12, 8x14, 8x16, 10x18, 10x20, 11x22, 12x24, 14x28 and 16x32.
     Weights: normal and bold (except for 6x12), plus CRT VGA-bold for 8x14
     and 8x16"

Best regards,
--
Piotr 'aniou' Meyer