Re: Cross-compiling Haiku from NetBSD?

> On Mon 03 Dec 2018 at 07:59:55 +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> > You mention Haiku.  Did you ever attempt to cross-compile Haiku from
> > NetBSD?
>
> > I tried but never succeeded, apparently because Haiku build system
> > makes assumptions about where certain files are located on host
> > system.  Some of these differ for NetBSD and even FreeBSD.

> Speaking of Haiku: I was just wondering if the display server and the
> userland graphics libraries are sufficently stand-alone that one could
> run them under NetBSD? It would make a nice replacement for X and
> Wayland and GTK...

> Tom
> -Olaf.

> ___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert

I once asked on haiku-development emailing list if it would be possible to port Web Positive browser to Linux and BSD, and the answer was that it would be difficult to impossible because of differences and incompatibilities between the Haiku software libraries and the software libraries in Linux and *BSD.

So I imagine it would be practically impossible to port Haiku display server to Linux or BSD.  But I don't know everything, could possibly be wrong on this issue.

Tom