Re: "bootinfo too big" netbooting amd64-8.0_BETA?

On Sat, 27 Jan 2018, John D. Baker wrote:

On Sun, 28 Jan 2018, Paul Goyette wrote:

Thanks for all of this!  It confirms that we're at the edge of the
current limit.

Just to confirm, I put back an un-modified "pxeboot_ia32.bin" (from
8.0_BETA) and the machines that load the extra module again fail with
"bootinfo too big".

Once you can confirm that increasing the limit does not break anything
else, let me know and I can update BTINFO_MAX

So far, the machines I've booted using the "pxeboot_ia32.bin" with the
increased BTINFO_MAX seem to work OK.

Sounds good.  I'll go update the source shortly.

What sort of things are telltales of breakage possibly caused by the
increased BTINFO_MAX?

Was looking mostly for indications that the increased table size would end up stomping on something else, with more-or-less unpredictable results. Since that hasn't happened, I'm guessing that this change is fairly safe.

If not, we can always revert it!  :)

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:          |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee dot com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd dot org |