Re: OpenVPN causes fresh -current to crash

Ryota Ozaki <ozaki-r%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

>>> The latest pfil.c (v1.34) should fix the panic. Could you try it?
>>
>> I'll give it a go tonight, and report back.

I re-introduced the change that I previously rolled back to get things
working, and then upgraded pfil.c to 1.34 and built a new kernel.  This
worked fine -- you've obviously corrected the problem.  :)

About the NFS hang:

> Can you get DDB? If you can, you can know where the processes hang up:
>   db> ps                 # you can get LWP addresses of ld and ls
>   db> bt/a <LWP address> # you can get their stack traces

Noted - but I haven't been able to get into DDB.  I though Ctrl-Alt-Esc
in the first console (the Ctrl-Alt-F1 one) should do it, but it doesn't.

> The hang may happen depending on a NIC. Which NIC do you use?

re0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0: RealTek 8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet

> And please let me know NFS options of the client and the server?

Not much.  Server:

nfs_server=YES and nfsd_flags="-n 16" in rc.conf.

Client:

nfs_client=YES in rc.conf, and "rw,bg,intr" as mount options.

Hm. Maybe I should change to a TCP mount, and see what happens...

-tih
--
Most people who graduate with CS degrees don't understand the significance
of Lisp.  Lisp is the most important idea in computer science.  --Alan Kay