Re: panic enabling ipfilter (Dec 27)

Geoff Wing <gcw%pobox.com@localhost> writes:

> Unfortunately my machine is mostly headless and I can't get dmesg saved
> after reboot.
> [...]
> Is "bt;sync" better?

If you want the dmesg output, you do want the core dump:

# dmesg -N /var/crash/netbsd.42 -M /var/crash/netbsd.42.core

...and for backtraces after the fact (your path will vary):

# gdb /sys/arch/amd64/compile/obj.amd64/GENERIC/netbsd.gdb
(gdb) target kvm /var/crash/netbsd.42.core
(gdb) bt

-tih
--
Most people who graduate with CS degrees don't understand the significance
of Lisp.  Lisp is the most important idea in computer science.  --Alan Kay