Re: USB serial problems

Thomas Klausner <tk%giga.or.at@localhost> writes:

> Should I have used /dev/ttyU0 instead?

I've recently experienced exactly the same thing, on i386 and amd64
systems, current as of about a month ago, using /dev/ttyU0.  On the
(slow) i386 system, it would happen every time I tried to use the USB
serial port.  On the (faster) amd64 system, only occasionally.  The
lockup of USB occurs immediately on opening the device.

-tih
--
Elections cannot be allowed to change anything.  --Dr. Wolfgang Schäuble