Re: Unexpected kernel device dependency for 'vga* at pci?'

    Date:        Sun, 10 Jul 2016 07:00:11 +0800 (PHT)
    From:        Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost>

  | While doing this, I've discovered that a radeondrmkmsfb0-based kernel
  | requires that I retain the
  |
  |  	vga* at pci? dev ? func ?
  |
  | line in the configuration, even though no such device is ever attached.

I saw the exact same problem a month or so ago, but with a system using
integrated intel graphics (core i3 processor).

I didn't bother to mention it as config file inter-dependencies and weirdness
are just "normal" ...

I think I concluded/assumed that the issue may have really related to the

	wsdisplay*      at vga? console ?

line that also had to be deleted (there being no vga? at anything left
in the config - or in the console messages on a GENERIC boot) leaving
nothing marked as "console" - whether that's actually true or not I didn't
bother to find out - I put that entry back, and so had to also return the
vga? at .. config, and after that, it all worked.

When it wasn't working, the symptoms were as you described (though I probably
did less tests.)

kre