Re: wm devices don't work under current amd64

Masanobu SAITOH <msaitoh%execsw.org@localhost> writes:

>  A bug must be exist. sborrill@ repored vlan related probem before. One of
> the problem is that I can't reproduce the problem with my machines...
> If I can reproduce the problem with my machine, I can fix it...

Well, I know a bit more about the problem with the laptop, now.  It's
something to do with MSI.  I observed that the (non-working) kernel had
logged exactly one MSI interrupt, which I figured was the one from the
autoconfiguration.  There's a place in if_wm.c where MSI is masked out
for a couple of versions of the Intel chip.  Adding the version in the
Dell Latitude E640 laptop to that list, so it fell back to traditional
IRQ handling, made the interface start working properly:

	if ((sc->sc_type <= WM_T_82541_2) || (sc->sc_type == WM_T_82571)
	    || (sc->sc_type == WM_T_82572) || (sc->sc_type == WM_T_ICH9))
		pa->pa_flags &= ~PCI_FLAGS_MSI_OKAY;

(The WM_T_ICH9 is the one in the laptop.)  No idea yet about the Dell
Poweredge 2650.  I'll see if I can take a closer look at that tomorrow.

-tih
--
Elections cannot be allowed to change anything.  --Dr. Wolfgang Schäuble