Re: root on sd0a on odroid-c1

On 02/25/16 14:34, Andrew Cagney wrote:
On 22 February 2016 at 12:46, Andrew Cagney <andrew.cagney%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
On 20 February 2016 at 17:14, Michael van Elst <mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost> wrote:
andrew.cagney%gmail.com@localhost (Andrew Cagney) writes:

so I simply added root=sd0a to /boot/boot.ini's boot line.  That resulted in:
[...]
use one of: awge0 ld0[a-p] ddb halt reboot
Should this have worked?

Can you post a full dmesg?

As Michael says the usb explore code doesn't wait properly here. There was code, but it's bit rotted.

Just FYI,

Tried a similar configuration on the Pi (i.e., same physical disk, but
did add ta powered USB hub), and it's working fine.  Hmm, perhaps it
is a power issue.

Maybe.

Andrew

However, I get the feeling that there's more going on.  For instance,
just adding an entry to /etc/fstab to mount of /dev/sd0a on /mnt fails
during boot (fsck can't access /dev/rsd0a during the boot).  Yet once
the system is booted it works fine.
The USB disk is probably starting too slowly to be recognized at this
point. There needs to be some kind of spin-up delay in the kernel to
handle this situation.

There used to be one as mentioned above.

Can you try -current as of today - I made a change to dwctwo(4) this morning that *might* help here.

Nick