Re: NFS related panic? (was: Re: Killing a zombie process?)

On Fri 23 Oct 2015 at 00:46:57 +0200, Rhialto wrote:
> This problem is very repeatable, usually within a few hours, just now it
> happened within half an hour.
>
> It seems to me that somehow the nfs_reqq list gets corrupted. Then
> either there is a crash when traversing it in nfs_timer() (occurring in
> nfs_sigintr() due to being called with a bogus pointer), or there is a
> hang when one of the NFS requests gets lost and never retried.

I tried it with a TCP mount for NFS. Still hangs, this time in a bit
under an hour of uptime.

So the cause is likely not packet loss.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'