Re: pf--?

Hauke Fath <hauke%Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE@localhost> wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 00:50:16 +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> > Is there still much point in keeping pf(4) in NetBSD now that we have
> > npf(4) (and also ipfilter(4))?
>
> We run a busy pf based router @work, and it generally "just works"
> where ipf(4) broke - has
> <http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=27164> ever
> been fixed?
>
> And npf(4) - no offense meant to its authors - is neither stable nor
> feature complete at this point - watch the steady trickle of PRs
> against it.

Umm, can you be more specific?  I get problem reports after some major
changes are committed.  This happens when you have active development,
unlike with other packet filters.  Currently, I am aware of only one
major stability problem (PR/49488) and I am looking into that.  Again,
it happen after my latest changes to connection tracking.

--
Mindaugas